Travel Insurance Tips for Backpackers
Travel insurance for backpackers is not the same as annual holiday insurance, this is mistake many young travelers make when purchasing insurance. Annual holiday insurance is designed for your average holiday maker, who goes abroad a couple of times a year usually for a week or two at a time, and spends most of their time relaxing on the beach. This is very different to the habits of an average backpacker. If you are planning on traveling for long periods of time annual holiday insurance usually doesn’t cover your stay out of the country for more than a few weeks at a time.
Backpacker travel insurance initially covers any travel period from a total of 90 days to a one year trip, with a pay as you go benefit enabling you to extend, as often as you want to, the duration of your travel insurance up to 18 months. Online Backpacker travel insurance will take care of you during your longer than usual travels, but will also give you the freedom to fill this time with exciting opportunities as you will automatically be covered for a huge range of hazardous sport that you may get the chance to try.
You can find all your information on travel insurance company online. Avail of trip cancellation insurance and holiday insurance. Other features include temporary car insurance, health insurance, medical insurance and prescription services. It’s wise to have a good choice for all backpackers and people backpacking around the world, whether you have taken a gap year and taking time out from your studies, business or just a holiday, vacations, working abroad or studying abroad as a student. Get special covers on adventurous sports, skiing, and providing protection for activities such as scuba diving, paragliding, bungee jumping and winter sports.
Pay attention on the following coverage items in your travel insurance.
- Baggage and Possessions Cover. Ensure that your policy protects your possession or you will be unable to claim any compensation for stolen or lost items. Your policy should also cover any administrative costs incurred in the event that your passport is stolen and needs to be reissued.
- Emergency Medical Cover. This will provide financial cover for any costs you have to make in the event that you need medical attention.
- Holiday Cancellation. If due to unforeseen circumstances you have to cancel your trip early, you will be compensated for any monies lost.
- Personal Liability. This is legal cover for any accident, injury or harm you might inadvertently inflict on another individual.
- Rescue and Repatriation. In the event of a medical emergency rescue, all your costs will paid by your insurer. This should include helicopter rescue.
- Travel Delay. Compensation for any money lost due to a delayed departure, though this will often only be paid after you have been delayed for a set length of time outlined in the policy wording.
Always learn to verify the terms and conditions of any insurance. Carry out research online, always compare backpacker travel insurance package rate and be aware of the fact that a cheap insurance is not the best one. Comparing different insurance packages is quite essential.